How to Request Items through Inter-Library Loan
- Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services are available only for WTS faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students.
- Please search the Wesley Library catalog and/or electronic resources first. The Library does not process ILL requests for items already in the collection. If you are requesting an item after using the Wesley Discovery Service, please check our local resources first — items often appear in multiple records. (If you need assistance searching the catalog, please contact the Library.)
- ILL requests take 8-14 days to process and deliver. One- to three-day requests cannot be processed.
- Access the online ILL request form.
- Complete all information requested: author, title, publisher (for books and chapters), volume and issue number (for journals), year, etc.
- Please limit your ILL requests to five/day.
- ILL materials must be picked up from the Library. We do not mail ILL items to patrons.
Frequently-asked-Questions about Interlibrary Loan
Who is eligible for Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services at Wesley?
ILL Services are limited to WTS faculty and staff and currently enrolled students. Patrons from outside Wesley should use their school or local library's Inter-Library Loan office to initiate a request.
How long does it take to process ILL requests?
Processing and delivery time may vary. Even if we immediately process an ILL request, we must still wait for another library to receive the request, process it, and send the item to us through regular mail. Of course, PDF scans of articles are often quicker. Please plan for 8-14 days processing and delivery times. Given the multiple steps involved, rush requests (under four days) cannot be processed.
What fees are associated with ILL services?
We do not charge our patrons for ILL services. Some institutions charge lending fees, while others do not. The borrower may have to pay any charges from the lending library. When you submit an ILL request, please indicate the most you would be willing to pay.
How many items can I borrow or request?
While there is no limit to the number of items you can borrow, we ask that you limit your requests to five per day. If the Library receives multiple requests during peak times, there may be additional processing delays.
How long can I borrow these items?
Loan periods vary, based upon the lending library.
How much are overdue fines for ILL items?
Overdue fines vary, based upon the lending library. Fines assessed by the lending institution for overdue ILL resources will be charged to the borrower.
How does Copyright have an impact on Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery?
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research". If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
The Library reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any additional questions about the Library's Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services, please contact the Library: email@example.com.