This is the "Home" page of the "D.Min. Project Papers" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content

D.Min. Project Papers  

Information on accessing project papers from the Wesley Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) program.
Last Updated: Dec 20, 2017 URL: Print Guide RSS Updates

Home Print Page

How do I find copies of previous D.Min. Project Papers?

Print copies of D.Min papers are available through 2012, and many can be borrowed from the Library. Electronic copies of D.Min. papers are available from 2011 onward.

You can search the Library catalog for project papers and, if available electronically, download them.

For more information, keep reading!


How to Search Project Papers

The best source is the Library's online public access catalog (Library homepage > Resources > Search Catalog).

The catalog record for each item will indicate if the item is archive-only, if it circulates, or if is available electronically. [See a sample record.]

Use the catalogue's Basic Search and enter the author's name and/or a few key words from the paper's title in the search box. You can also browse project papers by using the keyword d.min. in the search box. (You can add other key words to narrow your search.)

Sample searches:

  1. Browse all WTS D.Min. project papers.
  2. Search for D.Min. project papers that discuss John Wesley. Keywords: d.min. wesley.
  3. Search for all D.Min project papers that discuss urban ministry. Keywords: d.min. urban.
  4. Search for Terri Lynn Simpson's D.Min. project paper, Writing from the heart: exploring prayer, poetry, psalms and the practice of Lectio Divina. Keywords: terri simpson prayer.

You can also search for WTS project papers as well as papers from other institutions through ATLA's Research in Ministry (RIM) database or through the Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN). Visit our Electronic Resources: Databases page for more information.


Locating/Retrieving Project Papers

Depending upon the year the Project Paper was produced it might be available in paper or digital format. 

Paper copies will be in the Archive and possibly the Circulating collection. Archive copies can only be read in the Library. Circulating copies can be borrowed. Wesley students who live more than 75 miles from campus can request that the Library send copies to them.

Digital copies are available for download from the TREN database, through the Wesley library catalog.

Year Archive Circulating Download

  (paper) (paper)


1970 - 1980

1981 - 2010

2011 - 2012

2013 -


Electronic Copies (2011 - current)

D.Min. Project Papers from 2011 onward are available electronically through the Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN).

These items can be found in the Library's online public access catalogue. [See a sample catalog entry.] The link to the TREN database is marked “Location: Electronic Resources.” New project papers from the current year might be available electronically before they are fully catalogued by the Library. If you believe a new project paper is available, you can search the  TREN database directly. Under "Search for Theses/Dissertations," select the School dropdown for Wesley Theological Seminary. You can further narrow your search by year, author, etc.

The Library cannot circulate digital copies hosted on TREN via Interlibrary Loan (ILL). Libraries and other institutions which need access to an item available through TREN can either subscribe to TREN or pay a per-item fee. Please contact TREN for more information.


(See Off-Campus Access for more login instructions.)


Circulating Copies (1980 - 2012)

Copies of project papers from 1980 through 2012 are bound and held in the circulating collection. Circulating items can be borrowed by Library patrons, and can be requested by other institutions through Interlibrary Loan.

These copies are located on the second floor of the Library.


Archive Copies (1970 - 2012)

Every project paper through 2012 is bound and stored at the Library for archival purposes. These copies are indicated in the Library catalog as “Storage (DOES NOT CIRCULATE)”.

Please request the copy at the Circulation & Information Services Desk.


Loading  Loading...