The Course Reserve service is designed to make faculty assigned course texts available and accessible to students each semester. While physical texts are held in the Course Reserve collection in the library, electronic texts may be available through the Wesley Discovery Service (WDS) as well.
During operating hours, physical texts may only be used in the library for a 2 hour period with renewals. Items checked out within 2 hours of the library closing may be checked out overnight or over the weekend and are due the next business day by 9:30 a.m.
When using the Course Reserve collection, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Use the Course Reserve search tool to determine if a physical copy of the required text is in the Course Reserve collection. You can search by course or instructor.
- The faculty syllabi will have the complete up-to-date list of required and recommended readings.
- The collection contains only physical books or media (e.g. DVDs) owned by the library.
- Due to publisher or vendor supply, the library may not have a particular text in its collection. The library will work with faculty to resolve the issue.
- The library may have access to an electronic version of the required text. Use the Wesley Discovery Service (WDS) to search for all accessible eBooks in the library collection.